Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Your votes, please

I'm contemplating another Olympics-related Daily Apple entry in the near future.  Since my entry on water polo turned out to be so popular, I thought I'd get your input.

Which would you rather read about, 1 or 2:

1. Pommel horse in gymnastics -- what a weird thing, first of all, so where did it come from and why is a gymnastics thing and not an equestrian event? Second of all, it's plain amazing how fast the gymnasts get going on that thing, so how do they do that?

2. Synchronized diving -- how in the world do you learn this? How do you get your dive to be the same height as your partner's, your spins in the air going at the same rate, your untucking from the spin happening at the same time, your angle into the water the same, etc., etc.

Or is there a third item which has piqued your interest?  Here's a tip: the more specific your query, the better.  For example, asking me about swimming will probably get you a mish-mash of general information.  But if you say you want to know how to swim the butterfly stroke, then you might get something you're more satisfied with.

Let me know in the Comments.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear about either of these, but the real confusion in my house is why do the divers have these big red streaks on their backs and legs? One Chinese diver had two parallel streaks on her lower back, one had one thicker one, and another diver had one on her front thigh. What does this mean? What is it made out of? Why doesn't it wash off in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either would be great, but I think learning more about the pommel horse would be best. It's apparently the one area that the American team just can't seem to get, so I'd love to know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pommel horse is intriguing. This is the first time I've even heard of synchronized diving, so yeah that too. Maybe both? but I'll vote for pommel horse.

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spammer, there's no point posting a comment. It will automatically get filtered out or deleted. Comments from real people, however, are always very welcome!